06 Oct Learn Vitthal Kriya as per Dnyaneshwari & Nada Yoga
“Human Body is the Ultimate Place for Awakening” says Nada Yogi Vibhushri
Vitthal Nada Yoga:
The very sound made by the word “Vitthal” leads the one who utters it to the inner world. In fact, Yogic Chanting has always been recognized as the first step towards meditation and spiritual growth. It also helps in maintaining health and well-being. In fact, recent research has indicated that chanting “Vit-TThal” loudly, while being in yogic posture, can lead to a stable heart rate, lower blood pressure, improved blood circulation, increased production of endorphins and aids metabolic process. Chanting can also help to focus the mind, which in turn alleviates stress levels. At BodhMarga, one is taught to chant Vitthala in a specific and accurate manner so as to derive maximum benefit from the emanating sound. This helps the person to remain rooted in his spiritual practice or sadhana.
It is noticed that just after a few minutes of chanting, one gradually develops similar sound vibrations within. Once this practice is continued for a longer time, one will be able to hear the Anahata, or the inner sound. In the path of Vitthal Nada Yoga, one eventually goes within and communes with the deep inner sounds of the chakras, including the great AUM sound.
Learn the Significance and the Science of Vitthal Kriya in the video below.
Know more about the Spiritual & Yogic Perspective of Nada Yoga
Vitthal Naam Research Expert Talks On Vitthal Kriya –
Vitthala Nada Yoga Kriya is a simple yet an evolutionary Yogic Kriya/process originating from the Siddha Natha Yoga Tradition. Although, it is coming from an ancient lineage, this Kriya is highly scientific tool to elevate the physical, mental and energetic processes. It is also rooted in the Yoga of Sound and Energy hence the term Nada. Vitthal Kriya in the first step towards Nada Yoga and Awakening.
The Vitthala sounds come from the Sanskrit words ‘Vid- Sthala’ locally pronounced as Vit-Thala, which means ‘established in wisdom’. In India, Vitthala is the name of the deity of the famous temple in Pandharpur, Maharashtra. Vitthal is depicted as an observer who is watching over everything as a spectator, being the witness to all the happenings of the Universe. This expression of witnessing is referred to as Sakshibhav.
• Practicing it for a few minutes a day in the prescribed fashion has imparted several holistic benefits that include reduced stress levels, removing emotional imbalances such as fear, depression, anxiety, overthinking and improved functioning of particular areas of the brain such as left-right brain synchronization, better cognitive abilities, balances memory and intelligence.
• The loud utterance of the word Vithhal generates warmth in the belly, which strengthens the immune system Improves vitality, facilitates the body-mind awareness and helps to balance all the physical, emotional, mental and energetic systems of the body.
• Because, it firstly balances the most important cranial nerve in the human system which is the Vagus nerve, through which the nervous system, the respiratory system, the digestive and the reproductive systems all come into a state of harmony. It improves breathing, and making it easier to send more oxygen to every part of the body.
• The sound represented by the letter ‘v’ in Vitthal corresponds to the Swadhishtana chakra in the energy body and the sound made by voicing the letter ‘l’ corresponds with the Mooladhar. These are centres that regulate the digestion, excretion, sex and clearance of toxins in the body. Vitthal Kriya restores the body’s natural balance in all these areas and clears the path to higher attainments in the world as well as in the spiritual realm.
• From a yogic perspective, when we utter the word ‘Vitthal’, it is observed that the tongue hits on the roof of the mouth. This stimulates 84 acupuncture points on the upper palate. This action triggers a beneficial bio-chemical transformation in the brain.
• Most important of all, Vitthala is the most powerful sound that helps to awaken our navel. The centre for balancing the energies and regularizing. Improves overall sensations of the body. An ‘awakened navel’ ensures health, abundance, love and connection with all beings.
• Vitthal Kriya is responsible for triggering the release of feel good hormones from the lower gastrointestinal tract or the gut, that are responsible for the production of over 90%of serotonin in the body and a little over half of the dopamine.
• It also changes the cymatics (default vibrational patterns) of the body, which in turn facilitates rootedness, clarity, greater stability and helps one attain higher realizations.
• Regular practice of Vitthal Nada Yoga Kriya elevates spiritual growth, takes one to a naturally meditative state and helps one attain the self-realization of Advaita state & return to the natural state of love and bliss.
You will begin to notice positive changes within your body and mind in just a few days of practice.
According to an official scientific research conducted by Ved-Vidnyan Research Centre, Pune, India which was successfully presented and approved at the 3rd International Conference on Herbal and Alternative Medicine on September 2017 in London by Prasad Joshi et al. It was statistically proven that chanting Vitthala in the prescribed manner brings multiple benefits to the chanter.
The results showed that chanting helped in improving the pumping action of the heart and regulating blood pressure, pulse heart rate and pulse pressure product. Proving that it is highly beneficial on physiologic activity and energy of the heart and the heart chakra.
Certain Rules and Precautions –
Avoid doing this Kriya during Menstruation, as the Kriya produces a lot of heat.
This Kriya is not to be done during pregnancy.
Leave a gap of at least one hour before as well as after consuming food for practicing the Kriya.
Best time to do the Kriya is during Bramha Muhurta, during Sunrise and Sunset. You can directly face the Sun.
Kindly do not teach this Kriya to others unless it is being taught by a person coming from the lineage.
During the summer or in places where there’s a lot of heat, chant Vitthala lesser number of times, that is only 9 times to control the body temperature.
STEPS and Guided Meditation FOR VITTHAL NADA YOGA KRIYA –
1) Sit in a comfortable position either on the ground or on a chair with your spine erect but relaxed. On the ground, you can sit in Vajrasana or in Sukhasan (cross-legged posture) as per your convenience. If sitting on a chair, please sit at the edge of the chair.
2) In a very relaxed state, inhale and exhale thrice… (guided)
3) Bring both hands to your sides, near the waistline.
4) Gradually inhale and at the same time stretch and raise both your hands as far as they can go over your head till you achieve Parvatasan.
5) Let the palms meet in a ‘Namaste’, intertwine the fingers allowing 2 fingers to point upwards. Let the arms be straight in the line of your ears.
6) In the state of Love and Bhav, as you exhale, chant VITTHALA 9 times, in a way that hits and leaves an impact on your Navel. Vit-Thal with an emphasis on the two ‘Ts’ in Vitthal. Ensure that the stomach shoots out forcefully as you enunciate the letter ‘T’
7) Gradually bring your hands down to your sides, breathing normally, resting on your thighs and in silence, engage in the process of sensing your body. You will notice vibrations and sensations in several areas, bring your attention to them. (guided)
You can chant Vitthal for a minimum of 9 times (in warm climate) and maximum 21 times (in cold climate) at a stretch.
You can do this Kriya three times in a day.
Now, this Kriya produces a lot of heat in the body to balance several functionings. In case one is experiencing too much heat, this is a bonus Yogic Kriya to slightly reduce the impact of the heat.
SHITLI KRIYA –
Roll your tongue and suck in air through the tongue. This Kriya will help your body to cool down after the Vitthal Kriya. You can do the Shitli Kriya 3-4 times until the heat subsides.
If one is not able to successfully roll their tongue, they can practice this
Participate in our Spiritual Awakening Shibirs by visiting at www.bodhmarga.org or simply call us on +918080808455 and join our Inner VIP Spiritual Awakening Community.